Every page needs to keep in mind the following:.
- The page must load quickly, if it takes longer then 3 seconds the user has gone back to Google to try the next link.
- content: 750 - 2000 words (10,000 characters) maximum, page title 70 characters or less, meta description 150 characters or less
- Once the page has been loaded there should be a primary Call-To-Action , featured product, phone number, intake forms, contact forms, join a mail list are examples. Something that takes the user a step closer to making a transaction.
- HTML Headers need to be terse to ensure crawlers get page content. Keep meta data in check!
- Phone number (and address for physical store) on all pages
- Mobile, Mobile, Mobile.
- It needs to look appealing, include some relevant imagery.
- images have alt tags set
Now that the page is worth getting to, it needs to tie into the Linking Strategy !