How To Get Your Gmail In Outlook Allow Less Secure Apps
1. Clients or Spartan Spark Customer Service need to log into the clients account by going to admin.google.com
2. Log in
3. Click on Security→ Basic Settings → Less Secure Apps
4. Toggle: Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps
5. Now Configure Settings Directly in Email.
VIDEO A. Enable IMAP
Before you can configure Outlook to work with Gmail, you must configure Gmail to work with Outlook. To do that, you must enable the IMAP protocol for your Gmail account. Here are the steps:
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click the gear icon at the top right, then choose Settings.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP to bring up the POP and IMAP settings.
4. Click Enable IMAP.
5. Click Save Changes.
B. Adding Your Gmail to Outlook
After you configure Gmail for IMAP, you can add your Gmail account to Outlook. Here are the steps for Microsoft Outlook 2013:
1. Start Outlook 2013.
2. Choose File→Account Settings.
3. In the Account Settings dialog box, click New.
4. Choose Email Account, then click Next.
5. Choose Manual Setup or Additional Server Types, then click Next.
6. Choose Pop or IMAP, then click Next.
7. In the Add Account page, enter the following information:
8. Click More Settings.
9. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
10. Select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication.
11. Select Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server.
12. Click the Advanced tab.
13. Enter the following information:
14. Click OK to close the More Settings dialog box.
15. Click Next.
16. Be patient while Outlook tests the connection.
17. When the test completes, click Close. (If the test is not successful, carefully double-check all of your entries.)
18. Click Finish.